Thursday, July 8, 2010

Past and present

Hola amigos!

I'm currently working on this little project of mine whereby I will rake up some past events (albeit insignificant) that I have written down on cyberspace and then basically just make fun of how silly I was in those days, which of course you are dying to read. And again, in years to come, I will look back at this very post that I'm writing now and wondering what was I thinking then. I guess this is how people propel forward in life. Not to say I'm a philosophical person to begin with when I want to talk about life, yeah it's LIFE, Tristan wants to talk about L-I-F-E but there's always a part of me that is conserve and sentimental. The sad thing is I have never been serious about my life until recently. Back in my comfort zone, everything was easy, I didn't have much for me to really worry about except for studies and those damn letter grades. Parents are the compromising type, when I want whatever, I get whatever. Thus, lenient parents breed spoiled child. Well, not that I'm extremely spoiled when put alongside with people that I met at this point of my life but it is suffice to say that I'm spoiled or spoiled-like at the very least. Anyways, further explanation is futile. What I hope to achieve by looking back the life I led is to learn more about myself and what is more important in my life down the road.

07/08/2005

That was the day, although not exactly was, that changed my life in the academia. I quit after a semester in Biotechnology major and opted for Law. Apparently, my immaturity had got the better of me and there I was, squandered 2 years of my life. I must have been drugged when I was so convinced that Law was my forte. I did great in my A-Level Law nevertheless but I'm just not the type of person who loves reading a lot especially with all those precedents and past law suits. Face it, English Legal System is plain boring and revolves around the same old thing. I would give utmost credit to my poor brain for cramming that ridiculous amount of knowledge in 1.5 years and spilled all of them out at one go. The system was 100% exam-based for your information which was fun when I got to slack for 1.5 years without weighted courseworks whatsoever to get worried of but then you know your fate would rely entirely on one single exam. Once it's gone, it's gone. I wrote 6 essays in a grand total of 30 something pages out of 3 hours allotted through out the AS+A2 tests. Man those nutty Cambridge board committees. I hope they are happy now that they lost a potentially bright law student by scaring them away with these unintelligent entrance exam systems. Lol. Biology is 99887 times more interesting than Donoghue v. Stevenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment